Ahhh, the 1990’s. What a time to be alive! Before the internet made there was a life where people went outside and interacted with each other.
1. TFI Friday was as wild as your weekend got
2. Art Attack made you think that anything was possible when you had PVA glue and stickyback plastic
3. And it blew your mind when they zoomed out on the big collage
4. You would do basically anything to get a Blue Peterbadge
5. You totally had a system for sorting the silver paper from the gold in The Crystal Maze
6. All they wanted to do was cross the road!
7. You longed to put your teacher on Get Your Own Back
8. Saturday mornings meant Chums and Pokemon onSM:tv Live
9. You agonised over whether to be Ryu or Ken
10. The only rap you knew was the Bartman
11. You remember when Billie Piper was a pop star
13. Or A1?
15. Or Oasis?
16. Kellogg’s provided all you needed to pimp your ride
17. Frubes! Rip their heads off and suck their guts out!
18. You knew some squash was too orangey for crows
19. You were confused when Opal Fruits became Starburst
20. Fruitini in your lunch box was the best. As long as it wasn’t the custard version
21. You didn’t feel organized until you had put it in your Fun Fax
22. You were a little bit scared of Shakespears Sister
23. You were convinced you could speak Furbish
24. NO NO. NO NO NO NO. NO NO NO NO. THERE’S NO LIMIT
25. You practiced drawing the Nike logo over and over
26. Opal Fruits and Skittle yo-yos were playground currency
27. You fought over who got to be the Red Ranger with your friends
28. You could play the theme tune to Rugrats on the piano
29. You knew the dance routine to “The Macarena”
30. And to “Saturday Night”
31. You wore snapper tracksuit bottoms, despite knowing that someone would rip them open
32. You worried your Tamagotchi would get separation anxiety when you were at school
33. You debated with your friends how Rose could have saved Jack
34. You could recite the intro to “Never Ever” by heart
35. Bullet Bill was your nemesis
36. You couldn’t wait for Trans World Sport to be over so you could watch The Raccoons
37. Your ambition in life was to win a GamesMasterGolden Joystick
38. The theme tune to Round The Twist is lodged in your brain to this very day